- The Future of the Charitable Deduction — We asked our experts to summarize what has already happened and where tax policy may be headed in the future. We also examine the rise of international giving by Americans and provide an update on social impact bonds.
- 2012 Report to Donors — In this issue we focus on giving smarter, seven questions to ask before giving, a $100 million grant milestone, how Program donors are making a difference, and Program financials for Fiscal Year 2012.
- Focus on Teen Giving — See how young people are using social media to raise money for their favorite charities and learn how to prepare your family to carry on your charitable legacy.
- 2011 Report to Donors — Stories discuss how charities are using social media to reach potential donors, why giving is on the rise, and a new way to acquaint family and friends with donor-advised funds. Program's financials for Fiscal Year 2011.
- Billionaires take the Giving Pledge — Learn why the wealthy are making major gifts during their lifetimes; check the giving habits of high-net-worth households; and compare the benefits of donor-advised funds with foundations.
- 2010 Report to Donors — Three Charities Making a Big Difference in Education – a look at innovative nonprofit organizations, founded by Geoffrey Canada, Wendy Kopp, and Greg Mortenson, that are focused on at-risk children. Program's financials for Fiscal Year 2010.
- Responding to Natural Disasters — Guidance on effective giving for Haitian earthquake victims and an overview of how the weak economy is threatening some nonprofits.
- 2009 Report to Donors — Program financials and pool performance, along with information on how the recent federal stimulus package may provide some relief for charities.
- Hands-on Giving — In this issue of our newsletter to donors, we turn the spotlight on venture philanthropy, the impact of poor economic conditions on charities, and the benefits of making family and friends part of your charitable selection process.
- Supporting Your Commitment to Effective Giving — Report to donors, including finding the best charities for your money, giving for disasters, and some comments by donors on cutting-edge charities.
- An Inside Perspective — Interviews with key people behind the Program's success, including the Board of Directors and the investment managers who oversee the investment pools.
- The Buzz Around Philanthropy — Report to donors, including an overview of charitable blogs, donor interviews, the significance of investment performance, and 2007 financial data.
- The Growth of Charitable Giving — Learn about major issues and forces at work in charitable giving today, including the emergence of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Inspired Giving — Report to donors, including a summary of 2006 charitable giving, information about investment pools, and 2006 financial data.
- Donor-Advised Funds: A Strong Option for Charitable Giving — Comparing foundations to donor-advised funds, including a first-hand perspective on the benefits of donor-advised funds versus foundations from a Program donor.
- The Rising Tide of Charitable Giving — Report to donors, including a summary of 2005 charitable giving, information about investment pools, and 2005 financial data.
- Investment Strategies for Your Program Account — Learn how the Program's professional managed portfolios can help you create an investment strategy that closely matches your charitable giving objectives.
- Supporting Your Commitment to Effective Giving — A special report to donors, including an overview of the grants made by the Program, changes in Program policies to respond to donor requests, and financial data.
- Reading and Understanding IRS Form 990 — The information contained in Form 990 helps donors understand the financial condition of tax-exempt organizations.
- New Way to Make Charitable Dollars Go Further — An interview with Pamela S. Kossian, vice president and portfolio manager, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., on the advantages of separately managed portfolios for Program donors.
- Like Politics, Charity Is Local — An interview with Peter V. Berns, executive director, Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations.
- Giving More by Giving Right — An interview with Claude N. Rosenberg, chairman, and Tim D. Stone, executive vice president, New TithingTM Group.
- Capturing the Spirit of Service — Expand your philanthropic mission by volunteering.
- Getting Money Into Action — The deep roots and great ideals of philanthropy in the United States.
- Thoughtful Giving Begins With What You Know and Value — Where your values and the needs of others meet is the place to begin to put your wealth to work.
Program for Charitable Giving in the News
These newsletters are in Adobe Acrobat file format (PDF). To download them, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. It is free and easy to download.